Applicants should refer to the School of Public Health admissions website for detailed admissions instructions on submitting the two required applications: SOPHAS Application and UC Berkeley Graduate Application. Be sure to specify that you want to apply to the GHE program on the SOPHAS application.
The deadline for Fall 2017 admissions is 11:59 pm (EST) December 1, 2016.
- Educational Background: A baccalaureate or higher degree in physical, chemical or biological science; engineering; or medicine with a GPA of 3.0 (minimum). Applicants with non-science majors who meet the following course work requirements are also encouraged to apply.
- Course Work:
- 1 university-level course or equivalent in Calculus, Linear Algebra, or Statistics
- 1 university-level course in Chemistry or equivalent
- 1 university-level course in Biology or equivalent
- Scores from the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) and, if applicable, the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Please see the School of Public Health Standardized Tests website for important information on these requirements.
- Completed SOPHAS and UC Berkeley Graduate Applications, including a written statement of purpose, a current curriculum vitae, and three letters of recommendation.